jekel

Black Sensor in Thermo Housing?

The black sensor seems dead, no ohm reading, is all this does switch stage 3 of fan on? First 2 will still go on? Got manaul override switch anyway for fan full blast so be fine for few days till new one comes?

Blue and yellow bang on, and have spares for these,can't find a black spare in garage,typical.

Car never overheats or runs hot, well never did with old engine, new one only done 200 miles and temp. perfect so far.

Yeah that's all the black sensor does in Non-AC cars. It switches on at 120 deg C, which is quite a rare event, even in VR6s! It never came on once in the 9 years I had mine, not even in a hot summer sat in traffic for 4 hours once!

Yeah that's all the black sensor does in Non-AC cars. It switches on at 120 deg C, which is quite a rare event, even in VR6s! It never came on once in the 9 years I had mine, not even in a hot summer sat in traffic for 4 hours once!

120 degrees! I would have pulled over and called Green Flag before that, lol. Don't think it's ever reached 100. Thought I'd never heard fan go full blast before, other than on manual switch got fitted.

By way when fitted engine forgot the fan pulley belt, doh! Is it poss. to fit this with engine and radiator in situ, heard some say is with a bit of skill. It ran whole summer with no belt, had'nt realised had twisted and flew off and never overheated, really can't be arsed to take front end off again, it's just went back on.

They do sell a blank plug, i took the sensor out when removing aircon and cut the wire off.

I've got a blanking plug in garage can't remember why, any advantage in blanking it off, or just leave dead one in wired up

120 degrees! I would have pulled over and called Green Flag before that, lol. Don't think it's ever reached 100. Thought I'd never heard fan go full blast before, other than on manual switch got fitted.

By way when fitted engine forgot the fan pulley belt, doh! Is it poss. to fit this with engine and radiator in situ, heard some say is with a bit of skill. It ran whole summer with no belt, had'nt realised had twisted and flew off and never overheated, really can't be arsed to take front end off again, it's just went back on.

I wouldn't go by the dash gauge! On some dashes it reads quite a lot lower than the actual temp!

Never had to refit that belt in situ before but I bet it's a pain in the rump! Might be easier to take the bumper off and tilt the slamp panel forward a bit.