dubweiser

Sensor part number verification

Just wondered if someone could confirm a part number for me please

Its for a coolant temp sensor for a 1993 2l 16v

I got the number from this thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?78199-Lumpy-when-hot-Problem-with-coolant-temp-sensor as being 0280130040,but ive just spent half an hour on the phone to the vw dealers and the guy on the phone said he had no record of this and couldnt find it anywhere

Eventually he came up with this number 026906161 which when ive looked on tinternet,looks like the same part but vw want £46 plus vat for it

Im guessing im lookin at the right bit for my car,is it a white 2 pin jobbie ?

Can someone verify if this is the right sensor and are these 2 parts the same please and is there anywhere cheaper than £50 odd quid to buy it from?

Cheers glosterox,i cant find anywhere that it says its for the corrado either

Saying that,if you look at that amazon one,in the description underneath says the oem part number is the same as the vw number so maybe they are the same part?

Does anyone know if this is true?

If so i can get one from vw heritage for just over £10

Edited by dubweiser

Im completely baffled

Ive been told that many different things from different places i have contacted,i dont know which is correct

I saw the bosch number on this forum 0280130040

The vw dealer told me 026906161

When i look at vw heritage i see the 026906161 number and it is listed as a meyle part,but when i got in touch with heritage they said its not listed for my car so dont know if it will fit

I then look on here findpart.org/part/vag-026906161/ and find that the meyle equivalent is a different number again,this time1009060007 (which is different to the meyle part number on the heritage site) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meyle-100-906-0007-Temperature/dp/B00HE5RX5E

But it also lists the orignal vw part as the number i first had i.e 026906161 (which heritage say dont know if thats the right one)

Aaaarrghhh bonk.gif

Can anyone who has actually changed this sensor please let me know which is the correct one

They vary in price also so dont want to pay the stealers £50 if i can get one for less than a tenner

Thanks

[TABLE=class: table table-striped table-hover table-condensed]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by dubweiser

Have you whipped out the old sensor and cleaned it up for a look? It might have the part number stamped on it somewhere!

Hey jim no not yet

I wanted to avoid this as going from experience of the past 17 year,99 times out of 100,if you take something apart on a corrado,the bit will break in some form or another :nuts:,(owning a corrado never seems straight forward ),so i want the new sensor to put back in straight away as i use the car every day

But even if i get the part number off it,im still none the wiser as to what the correct equivelant is

Edited by dubweiser