seanl82

Cheapy ISV

I'm in need of a replacement ISV, trouble is I don't fancy paying £200 odd quid from VW, and I don't want to get a second hand one for fear of it going within a couple of months too. There are quite a few on ebay around the £30 mark, and I know you get what you pay for but they have a 2 year guarantee/warranty so was wondering if anyone had actually bought one and tried it?

Is it worth a punt?

Thanks all!

Never tried a cheapo but at £30 it may be worth a punt. I have 2 spares Bosch units for my valver, both purchased from good old ebay when I thought mine was causing me issues (it wasn't, an air leak was).

I think one of my spares is from VR as it has a slightly larger sized outlet pipe.

I got one a few months back, fixed my ISV problem and seems to work fine. VW one will probably just be some rebranded chinese stuff anyway

Have similarly heard positive things about the cheapo ISV's.. has to be worth a punt.

Thanks chaps, ordered. As said for the price and a 2 year guarantee, has to be worth a punt. My vcds codes for isv & maf have come back, and idle is all over the place although not cutting out yet, so fingers crossed this sorts it.