John Blount

Poor idle and I've done everything! VR6

just check that all the hose openings have been plugged otherwise there will be unmetered air that the ecu wont be able to monitor. Did you reroute the other end of the catch can to the inlet elbow or did you just leave it open? The connector goes into a dummy sensor (if its the one i think you're referring to). Worth misting some water around the intake elbow to see if theres any change in engine sound - which there might be if theres an air leak.

just check that all the hose openings have been plugged otherwise there will be unmetered air that the ecu wont be able to monitor. Did you reroute the other end of the catch can to the inlet elbow or did you just leave it open? The connector goes into a dummy sensor (if its the one i think you're referring to). Worth misting some water around the intake elbow to see if theres any change in engine sound - which there might be if theres an air leak.

Hose openings are securely plugged and the catch can vents to atmosphere through a cone filter. Put the reader on today ans got 0207 - Intake manifold pressure sender and 0281 ATC temperature. Don't know either of these and google gas not been any help.

I have not read all the replies,so this may have been covered

I did have a fault when engine hot, engine starts when it felt like it.l found the wining to the temperature switch where corroded and that’s why l had my starting faults,you can not see the wiring connection

Pull on the wiring to the the temperature switch gently and see if wiring is secure

My Corrado is a 2.0. 16 v so it is just above the gearbox,the previous owner did tell me about the interment starting fault and he had replaced all the sensors except the TDC sensor.

Did you pull back the rubber cover and check the wiring condition

Hose openings are securely plugged and the catch can vents to atmosphere through a cone filter. Put the reader on today ans got 0207 - Intake manifold pressure sender and 0281 ATC temperature. Don't know either of these and google gas not been any help.

I have found the manifold temperature sender I checked the power supply and found a tad under 5v. When I looked for a new sensor I found what looks like the correct part and fitting but it is listed as manifold temperature sender.

eBay item number: 391809141501

I have been unable to find any reference to a MAP sensor ( Intake manifold pressure sender). Does the OBD1 have one?