0055gee

Bilstein B4 front shocks

Hi. Sorry if this has been asked before. But, i'm just fitting some new bilstein B4 shocks to my 94 VR6.

I've got new bump stops and covers, but using the original springs and top mounts. When i put the shock back on the car and do up the top mount untill its tight (by hitting the flange on the shock rod), there seems to be a bit more play in the top mount than i would like. With the way i have it, the nut physically can't get any tighter. Both sides are roughly the same, but on the drivers side i can probably lift the shock up and down by about 1mm. This doesn't seem quite right and i would have thought it would knock when driving up and down.

I know a few people have fitted these shocks and i just wondered if anyone had any experience of this. I've had a look and can't see that i've fitted anything wrong, but that isn't to say i haven't!

If anyone has any ideas, i'd appreciate it.

Only possibility in my mind is that the top mount itself has worn 1mm more than the passenger side.

How old are the top mounts? They wear quicker with any upgrade of suspension.