Too Tall

Fan and temp gauge problems.

So I replaced all 3 temp sensors on the thermostat manifold, installed a brand new thermostat. Now my fan comes on high speed and won't turn off. I thought that I had swapped the plugs for the AC cutoff and the cluster fan, thinking I had gotten them wrong because they are both the same fit "stupid", I didn't touch the temp sensor. Drove it for about 5 min and my water level light started blinking, fan wouldn't come on, and water temp gauge didn't move. So I swapped them back. Now the fan comes on high and stays on, but my water temp gauge won't move. Checked for lose fit plugs, corrosion, or lose wires and couldn't find anything. Do I need to go buy new sensors again? Or did I do some damage?

Genuine sensors? Take a photo of how they appear, just to confirm they're in the correct places etc... What was the reason for changing the old sensors? Might be worth fitting the old one back (one by one) to determine which one it is thats causing an issue, even brand new, and especially if its a cheap repro part it could be faulty from new.

I had to get a new thermostat housing, old one cracked, so while I was at it I got a new thermostat and sensors so everything was new. I buy all my parts new from a German supply store. The guy I get parts from is really good at cross checking if it's a different part number than OEM, but that's not to say it couldn't be wrong. I'll double check with the old sensors, great idea. Thank you.