junkie

Corrado prices

What's the prices doing nowadays, I've only had a very quick look around and it seems they are on the up due to all those that have and got broke out for parts.

not sure whats the reason but the prices are going up maybe that the ones that are for sale are very good condition. The one I have for sale at the moment is priced cheap if you ask me at 1650 (vr6 too) but doesnt seem to want a new home!!!

Yeah they couldn't be given away 5 years ago hence all the breaking of them now though it's ridiculous some of the prices lol.

Good ones are holding value and rising... However there are a lot of ones out there that need a lot of work to get them up to scratch so I think the prices reflect that.

I looked at a fair few before I bought mine, lots described as good condition / excellent condition etc. The reality is, they had dings, dents, rust, mis-matched panels from paintwork in the past, tatty interiors, tired engines etc. These are often the ones that sell cheap, as the owners know they need another £2000+ spent on them to get them into either a reliable and/or tidier state appearance wise.

I'm not saying there aren't good ones about at "bargain" prices, but there are also PLENTY of examples prices at exactly all they are worth, just going by the 6 I looked at before I bought mine (which I still had resprayed and lots of other work done).

Was at the practical classics restoration show today and a car trader had a 1995 Corrado 2.0 16v in flash red, with 62k on the clock and only a cloth interior and he was after £9,000.

Not a chance in hell. But I wished him luck as it would only positively affect th values of our cars!

Nice car. Is it an early body VR by any chance, I don't think it is but long shot. Is that pearlescent green LC6U I think. Good job I still kept my favourite part of my old car which was the steering wheel lol. Seems almost what I'm after tbh.

I was looking for a cross over years ago but couldn't find one too. Hate the late dash lol.

The problems I have identified so far is:

? one speedline centre cap missing still missing

? Rear spoiler not working (working on switch so think it?s the box) still to get round to changing it!

? Wing mirrors not moving still need to do mirror swicth

? Slave cylinder faulty (have one to replace it with) still needs doing

? Pulling a little to the left (so tracking need doing properly) sorted

? Front spoiler cracked still cracked

? VR6 engine cover missing still missing

? Heater only works on 4 same

? Some interior need putting back on (but shall replace/supply any parts that I have) using it daily so havent sorted interior till it sells

? A little lazy starter after left for the weekend (will investigate further) sorted

havent really looked at it apart from give it a service every 6 months. hasnt let me down apart from the altenator.

the abs unit is being replaced this coming week or the week after

That's still fine on the dash ha. What do you mean early windows and mirrors, I haven't heard that one before. I prefer oddities hence I was looking for a VR with early dash

haha thats a way of putting it!

yeah its early mirrors and window switches (basically door cards)

Sounds right up my street mate.

let me get the abs sorted mate and I'll drop you some pics

just to add it needs a bonnet sunroof panel and fuel flap (which will be supplied with sale they need colour matching though) we had hail the size of golf balls last year and knocked the living hell out of the bonnet!!! luckily this was the only one outside and thankfully verity wasnt outside!!!!

Couple of folk I know had their new jag and porsche ruined. They were in body shops for weeks sorting the dents

Nice lol. Check the paint code I have the sunroof panel and fuel filler and some black paint

Yes that's my point. I'm in no rush and I'm sure you're not as it can't find a home but sure upto date pics would be good.