sankysvr6

H&R Coilover Opinion Please

Seen these coilovers on eBay, price wise they don't look to bad to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-R-TWIN-TUBE-COILOVER-SUSPENSION-CHASSIS-VW-CORRADO-53I-35865-2-/141465468128?fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item20efffbce0:g:ljMAAOSwEK9T~0YH

Just wanted to know what others think of them? They are for my 92 G60, which is still on the normal ride height and I think its about time the wheel arches got filed in a bit.

Its really for the look that I am going, but I also want it to be comfortable to cruise around in. So want to try and keep the OEM look, but just better stanced then it is at the moment. Hence why I'm thinking coilovers, as I can set the height up as i want it.

If anyone can recommend something in else in a similar price range would be appreciated

Seen these coilovers on eBay, price wise they don't look to bad to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-R-TWIN-TUBE-COILOVER-SUSPENSION-CHASSIS-VW-CORRADO-53I-35865-2-/141465468128?fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item20efffbce0:g:ljMAAOSwEK9T~0YH

Just wanted to know what others think of them? They are for my 92 G60, which is still on the normal ride height and I think its about time the wheel arches got filed in a bit.

Its really for the look that I am going, but I also want it to be comfortable to cruise around in. So want to try and keep the OEM look, but just better stanced then it is at the moment. Hence why I'm thinking coilovers, as I can set the height up as i want it.

If anyone can recommend something in else in a similar price range would be appreciated

No idea about the H&R's, but I like my AP's (feel free to pop over if you want a demo). Someone also posted a link to some cheap KW's recently.

I might take you up on that Stuart, seen the post to the KW but i would need to add another £165 for those. Which I could use for adding new suspension bushes all round.

Don't know if it's much help to you, but I have a set of the monotube H&R coilovers on my VR6. They're definitely firmer than stock and better damped, but not super harsh if that makes sense. The Eibach spring / Koni sports I had on my old Mk2 GTi were crashy by comparison. The Koni STRT set up on my current Mk2 is a little softer. The H&Rs remind me of the ride on my mate's old BMW coupe. That said, I don't know how the twin-tube coilovers like the ones in your link compare.

On the reliability front, they seem pretty good, though a rear damper blew a seal after about 12,000 miles of infrequent use. Worth knowing you can source the individual units and springs from H&R if necessary, though they can also be rebuilt. I think the twin-tube ones are based on custom Koni dampers, but I might be wrong, the info's somewhere one the H&R site.

I'm happy with mine, but I don't have anything to compare with on the Corrado and there are plenty of other options out there which get good write-ups on here.

Edited by Mystic Rado

I have H&R RSS Clubsports on mine. been on years and the quality is great. not as harsh as some setups either considering they are a track/ road offering.

Looking at the difference between mono tube and twin tube shock absorbers, its seems the mono tubes are the ones to go for. But the price for the mono tube is over what I'm prepared to pay for coilovers.

So my second option is maybe to go for a shock and spring setup. The yellow Koni and H&R spring kits look reasonably priced, with a modest drop of around 30/40mm.

Chris, I might be calling on your help in fitting which ever suspension setup I go for. If that's okay with you :-)

no worries mate.

it would be an idea to try get some rides in cars with differing set ups Sanky. From April (touch wood) I can take you out in mine.