dingle

Rear spoiler fault

Hi I'm sure this has been asked already but I have never found a reply to my issue so here goes 1993 Corrado vr6 auto converted to a manual .been having issues with rear spoiler when you hit 45 to 50 it raise few centremetres then stops and few seconds after it raises abit more and so on till it's raised but doesn't always go all the way up.

Then it's the same for going down like there's an intermittent fault,

If you press the button it does the same thing so I changed the module that arrived today and it's worse than ever even on the button it barely moves but within returning for a spin it seemed to have gone the way down so I'm now out of ideas.

Is there a switch on the gearbox or another relay hidden as speedo works fine and everything else is fine,

Thanks for any info

Cheers i will have a look,was out at weekend and was playing up then next thing it's working tu can hear the module click as it stops then it goes up a little bit then clicks and stops like it's lost power and now changing the module its worse,I removed the back panel off the boot pulled the stop thing out on the motor and it's as free as a bird that's what confused me.

Update on the rear spoiler I stripped it down tonight cleaned and greased the motor put back in and hey presto still the same issue so that's the motor done the module replaced and still doing the same so no I am confused

I did all this cleaning malarky and just bit the bullet and bought a new motor for it worked a treat ever since.

Update on the rear spoiler I stripped it down tonight cleaned and greased the motor put back in and hey presto still the same issue so that's the motor done the module replaced and still doing the same so no I am confused

Did you strip the motor and clean the brushes ?

701eb4db9cb7255cac3c2bc493d06c3d.jpg

Probs. the motor, I've got a spare motor and a spare whole mechanism if ya need, mine went while baqck and ended up buying about 3 good spares. I probs. buy whole thing myself to be on safe side that's what I did

Did you strip the motor and clean the brushes ?

701eb4db9cb7255cac3c2bc493d06c3d.jpg

The small green component in your picture of the motor internals is the culprit. It's a thermal trip and cuts the power to the motor when too much current is drawn. I removed mine and replaced it with a solid link years ago and never had another problem with it since. The circuit is still protected by the fuse at the fuse box.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi all well I finally bit the bullet today to strip the spoiler motor as it's been driving me insane with its mind of its own.

Well took me about 2 hours to strip it down and back together and as of doing it it's now working a treat but for how long no one knows so thought I would share plus wasn't as bad a job as I thought.