Hisnibs

Rear brake quick Q

Evening comrades. I've seen http://www.biggred.co.uk/brake-calipers mentioned on here a fair bit, can anyone shed any light on which mk4 set I need for the rears? There's a squillion different ones (some without much info) and I'm pretty sure if I ring 'em they'll point me in the direction of corrado ones. I've got the 280mm set up but I believe the depth is exactly the same so that shouldn't make any odds. They're sticking like buggery now :mad2:

Thanks in advance.

If I'm sober enough and remember tomorrow I shall check what I put on mine last year

If I'm sober enough and remember tomorrow I shall check what I put on mine last year

Ta very much. It doesn't seem to correspond (or in my case, compute) so that'd be a big ol help. I'm on the sauce tomorrow so apologies in advance for any gibberish... this is sober me btw haha.

I've got 2 sets of rear MK4 calipers both with brand new internals, ended up wi these and 2 brand new whole calipes when renewing brakes all round few months back (long story) One set red powder coated (badly) dismantled, one set normal uncoated. The ones will look ok on, but powder coating clearly went awry the pad holder bit been machined to remove but I can't guarantee they've been machined flat and will hold pads perfectly level,

Got one set of perfect red powder coated carriers (and a set of used red powder coated on my car, so will probs swap, so say one set of used carriers spare.

Shout me if ya interested, been meaning to put on ebay anyway.

The red ones are totally stripped, as been bead blasted then coated and the rebuild kit (everything pistons, seals, mechs. inside and out) is from Bigg Red anyway

I've got 2 sets of rear MK4 calipers both with brand new internals, ended up wi these and 2 brand new whole calipes when renewing brakes all round few months back (long story) One set red powder coated (badly) dismantled, one set normal uncoated. The ones will look ok on, but powder coating clearly went awry the pad holder bit been machined to remove but I can't guarantee they've been machined flat and will hold pads perfectly level,

Got one set of perfect red powder coated carriers (and a set of used red powder coated on my car, so will probs swap, so say one set of used carriers spare.

Shout me if ya interested, been meaning to put on ebay anyway.

The red ones are totally stripped, as been bead blasted then coated and the rebuild kit (everything pistons, seals, mechs. inside and out) is from Bigg Red anyway

Ta very much. Let me have a think (I've just nailed a fair klag of firecraacker sauce and I currently can't see straight) and I'll get back to you. I bought some meself off here blind and they arrived like something dragged up from the marianas trench and I cant be arsed to resurrect them. Cheers. Gimme a bit.

Ta very much. Let me have a think (I've just nailed a fair klag of firecraacker sauce and I currently can't see straight) and I'll get back to you. I bought some meself off here blind and they arrived like something dragged up from the marianas trench and I cant be arsed to resurrect them. Cheers. Gimme a bit.

Haha, no there all fine, had the non powder coated ones on my own car within past 6 months. See if I can get some pics later or tomorrow, all move perfect, when think bout it assembled 1 of the powder coated ones too and had that on, can't remember why, think was gonna do both then bought 2 brand new ones off ebay for a song, car had total mechanical rebuild, engine, box, brakes everything so probs just had hands full at time and new ones saved time

Haha, no there all fine, had the non powder coated ones on my own car within past 6 months. See if I can get some pics later or tomorrow, all move perfect, when think bout it assembled 1 of the powder coated ones too and had that on, can't remember why, think was gonna do both then bought 2 brand new ones off ebay for a song, car had total mechanical rebuild, engine, box, brakes everything so probs just had hands full at time and new ones saved time

P.S. I've got 2 mint Audi 288 front calipers I had on my car, then further upgraded again, but not a straight swap, need Golf carriers and the right pads, and MK3 288 discs (or 312's with right carriers)

P.S. I've got 2 mint Audi 288 front calipers I had on my car, then further upgraded again, but not a straight swap, need Golf carriers and the right pads, and MK3 288 discs (or 312's with right carriers)

Defo no to the Audis thanks. I'm gonna go down the Tarox route me thinks. I totalled the crap out of a pheasant the other day (knackering me brand spanking lenses) and I swore there n then I'd go balls deep on the front brakes. Still on standards! They're a ruddy joke aren't they! How they ever got away with that spec I'll never know.

Defo no to the Audis thanks. I'm gonna go down the Tarox route me thinks. I totalled the crap out of a pheasant the other day (knackering me brand spanking lenses) and I swore there n then I'd go balls deep on the front brakes. Still on standards! They're a ruddy joke aren't they! How they ever got away with that spec I'll never know.

Yep, front brake change a must, or like me also own Capri's, a Broadspeed, or similar high powered v6, drive that for a bit, with enthusiasm, then even the standard ones on Corrado don't seem that bad, lol

Yep, front brake change a must, or like me also own Capri's, a Broadspeed, or similar high powered v6, drive that for a bit, with enthusiasm, then even the standard ones on Corrado don't seem that bad, lol

:lol:

I swear that active spoiler is fack all to do with downforce and everything to do with making up for the ****e anchors. The look on that pheasant's face said it all.