anubis

Repair Before Selling or Sell as a Project Car - Advice Please?

Hey all,

I'm thinking the time has come to sell the VR. I've had it a loooong time, and experienced all it could possibly have thrown at me (I think, but who knows at this point). I've been a bit lazy with the upkeep the last couple of years, as I was driving it less and less.

There's a fair bit of work required to bring her back to former glories, which at this point seems like it might be a huge wedge of wasted time & money if there's any value or chance of selling as a project car without the outlay from me.

So, my question is really whether anybody had advice or experience on this conundrum, and if so how I'd go about assessing a value for something this hard to pinpoint?

Cheers in advance, Ben.

Hi Ben

A repaired car is always going to be more appealing than a project car unless it's cheap as chips. I tried a few years back to sell the BlackBerry as a project car but failed to do so. So end up having bit painted and keeping it for one of my project's. It is likely you want see your return on investment of repairing unless you do everything yourself.

On the other hand I am doing this again now as have a aqua blue vr6 and bringing it back to former glories just to save the car as would had been broken. Have someone interested I buying once finished so the market may have changed since my experience with the BlackBerry.

It really comes down to you would you prefer to use your time and money to bring the car back to former glory or would you prefer someone else to do so.?

Sorry to sit I the fence a little but it boils down to your predicament

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

I guess you need to take a look at the market - what's out there, and how your car would compare if you fixed all the issues vs as it stands now. Then get some prices for the work you need to do. Should be pretty easy to decide if it's worth tarting it up, or just letting it go "as is" :)

I guess you need to take a look at the market - what's out there, and how your car would compare if you fixed all the issues vs as it stands now. Then get some prices for the work you need to do. Should be pretty easy to decide if it's worth tarting it up, or just letting it go "as is" :)

Very wise words jim

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk