p0l1wrath

Oil filter problems

Having problems getting the correct oil filter for my car, Andrew page, eurocarparts and VW cannot seem to get me the correct part.

The last one i used was a crosland filter, from euro part number L10096PE, which i have gone and got another one of, but the dimensions are different. I also have a mann H932/5 which matches the new crosland.

The one that came out of the car, the recess at the bottom, which sits in the upsidedown black screw in cap, is 34mm wide and all the new crosland, mann and vw oil filters are 30mm wide.

Really struggling to get a new filter, and need one for the weekend, because i don't want to put the old one back in for now...

Thanks anyone for their help

Oli

Weird, am sure it fitted mine, i may double check it as the engine did just die from an oil problem.

Has the housing been changed maybe? I swapped my housing out recently so you can buy my oem one if you like? That takes the filters Jim posted. I have 2 spare unused filters too. Let me know, they are easy to switch

Yeh just slightly confused how I have never ran into this issue before, considering this would be maybe the 4th/5th filter change...

What have you swapped to out of interest?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schimmel billet one with turbo oil feeds that allow use of non return spin on filters :thumbleft:

Schimmel billet one with turbo oil feeds that allow use of non return spin on filters :thumbleft:

Sweet!

you can buy my oem one if you like?

What do you want for it? are you able to get some photos and measure a piece for me as well?

Found this bit on the wiki, i think link will work, not sure if it helps explain anything. I've never had one not fit over the years. Maybe ECP have a new batch of the wrong ones.

Must mean the caps or housing differs on some.

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/image_vr6_filters.html

and yeh, i have a metal ended one, but the measurement that is wrong, is a measurement on the other side of the filter.