Mike Hall

G60 with G40 outlet

Hi, from what I can tell my g60 is fitted with an outlet dome from a g40. Does anyone know if there's any issues with this as I've not seen it done before. It's also been rotated upwards and I've noticed a pooling of oil in the bottom. Is there a chance the pooling is due to the outlet pointing upwards or is it likely early charger failure?

Thanks

6e18e599b4084bb5988592a93f6dcc58.jpg

a1b33450bfb64b19996ae1c3d752f1df.jpg

Edited by Mike Hall

The outlet is potentially somewhat restrictive for a G60. With regard to "pooling of oil" being evident this is not desirable and is indicative of oil seal wear, furthermore, if oil is allowed to accumulate in this way it could equally gather inside the charger and cause drag upon the displacer. This drag will cause additional strain upon the synchronising belt, which will fail under such load, causing catastrophic failure of your supercharger.

If you wish to discuss any of this further or possible resolve to any aspect, I would be happy to hear from you. You can contact me at our workshops on 01903 718684

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

Hi, thanks for your reply. I decided to remove the other induction pipes to inspect them and they all had a large amount of oil pooling in them so I'm going to stop driving the car untill I can get the charger rebuilt and i can replace the outlet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No problem, glad to be of help. If we can be of further assistance with your charger rebuild requirement, you are welcome.