quicky1980

24v V6 - Cooling Sensors

I'm trying to figure out what could be causing my 2k rpm hesitation/flat spot and looking at the r32 forums they mention that the coolant temperature sensors sometimes were related and need to update the black version to the green version.

However looking at my cooling sensors on the thermostat housing i think I have blue, yellow and grey (from recollection, so will check tonight). What's even mover confusing is that they are all 2 pin sensors!

it's been so long since I did the install I cant remember why I used these sensor ie 3x 2pin units and whether I need to fit the "green" sensor.

Any thoughts?

I used the original yellow and black sensor as that is corrado (stage 3 fan and dash/aux water sensor) and replaced the blue sensor with, and I'm having a guess here, a grey sensor? might be black as you say. The yellow sensor can be replaced by a 2 pin sensor if you let the 24v ECU deal with the aux water pump, I decided to let the corrado fan controller handle it as its been doing a grand job up to now!

Yea, had it in for about a year and a half. It bogs down a bit at 2k (I don't have a tacho yet as I'm working on that, but I estimate it's about that) under certain circumstances then shoots off, I need to have a proper look over it and I think the chains need doing. Your on an audi engine aren't you? I've got the A3 in mine

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk