Sommevr6

Parts needed

Hi, can anyone advise where I might be able to get hold of a headlight switch ( with roller dimmer) for my vr6 Storm- mine has started sticking on and the definite differentiation between settings has now gone. Also looking to get hold of bonnet foam set, preferably in the original waffle pattern. Seen the vw heritage set but not waffle and trying to keep the car as original as possible. Apologies if this is going over old ground but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, can anyone advise where I might be able to get hold of a headlight switch ( with roller dimmer) for my vr6 Storm- mine has started sticking on and the definite differentiation between settings has now gone. Also looking to get hold of bonnet foam set, preferably in the original waffle pattern. Seen the vw heritage set but not waffle and trying to keep the car as original as possible. Apologies if this is going over old ground but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you send 8vMatt a PM, he organised a group buy of a very high quality reproduction headlight switch which many of us are now running in our cars with no problems. Very reasonably priced too :) (about £35 I think?).

In terms of bonnet foam, drop Sprinter53 a PM - again, he was producing a very good reproduction set in the OE type finish (waffle).

As Jim said.. I have both... Matts switch is safer than the old and doesn't catch fire.. The only thing I don't like is the bright illumination. But loads have them on this forum... Matt also advertises on eBay..

The foam is good.. About 80 quid delivered from Germany if I remember correctly.