chur1996

VR6 Oil Sump

Just had my car MOT'd, he advised that when up on the ramp he noticed a scrape on the sump (previous owner had it lowered, so possibly happened then) and the sump plug had part of it shaved off.

In short, he advised a new sump would be a good idea, although it didn't seem to be leaking at the moment.

It's a '94 VR6, where would be best to get one and how much am I looking at?

Is there any scope/point in an upgrade e.g. would an R32 sump fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can upgrade to the shallow R32 Sump, but you'll need oil pickup too. If your not too low, I'd say just inspect and replace the Sump plug at next oil change. You can get a replacement second hand or aftermarket OE Sump for reasonable money, but bear in mind you'll need a new gasket as well (same with R32 and it's alloy so if you're still low it's much weaker). Your choice though mate.

It's a bit lower than standard, but higher than before (if that makes sense). I'm just after the best compromise between cost/quality/ease of change. Not bothered about upgrading if it's more hassle to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean mate. As mentioned, change the plug at next oil service, but keep an ear out for any scraping.