MZpog

Anyone used a portable pressure washer and was it any good?

Whilst my garage has electricity, it doesn't have a water supply and saw a post on FB from a Corrado owner who had a portable pressure washer which got me wondering.

Obviously it's not going to have the power of a plug in type, but has anyone on here has used one and if so what sort of results?

The one I'm looking at is like this, but can be had for about £100 on Ebay - http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/cleaners/sealey-pressure-washer-12v-rechargeable-pw1712

MZPOG try a company called KLEER they sell them £99 uk company based in Suffolk,I've just ordered mine.

MZPOG try a company called KLEER they sell them £99 uk company based in Suffolk,I've just ordered mine.

After some internet trawling I found out that Kleer, Sealey, Milo and Aquasomethingorother are all the same unit. Bought a Sealey of Ebay for £103 next day delivered. Reviews suggest it's power is something like a hose pipe. I liked the idea in can be filled with warm water and has a shower attachment so I can wash the dog.

I also like the shoulder strap which mean if we ever have a summer, the kids are going to loose badly at any water fight.

Haha, I like that last bit Stuart! Super soaker eat your heart out!

In my head I'll look like a ghost-buster but others definitely see things differently :)

If anyone is wondering, they work quite well at rinsing off wheels that have first been sprayed with wheel cleaner and agitated with a brush.

After cleaning my wheels I put some soap in the gun and sprayed/sponged the car down, then rinsed the soap off.

Unlike a mains jet wash is doesn't hurt if you aim at bare skin so don't expect it to clean anything without agitating with a sponge or brush.

I'm sold on it and found it much better that carting buckets of water outside.