mlano96

HT lead change

Hi all.

I have recently got some new ht leads now I have changed them the only issue I have is that I can't get them to sit properly on the spark plugs / loose. They can be pulled off without much effort from the tool at all. I was wondering if there was an particular way of putting tightly so they don't come off. Thanks

It's normally the quality of the leads, cheaper ones push up and move inside the metal holders and will never fit properly. Only ones that fit and work properly are VW/Bremi, Magnecor and Dubsport Race leads, none cheap but all worth it, Dubsports 10mm Race leads are the best, tricky to fit, I had to adapt one of 2 lead tools I've got especially, the metal collars are longer and fatter, but worth it. VW/Bremi standard are 10 mm's are easiest to fit at least as good as Magnecor.

Bite the bullet and get one of above, be cheaper in long run.

"VW/Bremi standard are 10 mm's " - sorry typo meant standard or 8 mm's

It's normally the quality of the leads, cheaper ones push up and move inside the metal holders and will never fit properly. Only ones that fit and work properly are VW/Bremi, Magnecor and Dubsport Race leads, none cheap but all worth it, Dubsports 10mm Race leads are the best, tricky to fit, I had to adapt one of 2 lead tools I've got especially, the metal collars are longer and fatter, but worth it. VW/Bremi standard are 10 mm's are easiest to fit at least as good as Magnecor.

Bite the bullet and get one of above, be cheaper in long run.

THhanks for your replies. I have a set of Magnecor's, (8mm) the issue is that some of them are loose on their respective spark plugs. I can't seem to slide them on securely, as you know its quite a tight fit down there one even came off during my test drive after I fitted them. What is the best way of putting them on securely so this doesn't happen?