rogeroo

vr6 head refurb

So I purchased a VR of a fellow on here, it turns out I bought it on the cusp off its engine demise! Pride, lac of funds and much chat between my friend and I, have resulted in me not showing face here for a while, but now I would like all advise possible please.

The symptoms are a massive use of oil, progressing onto engine rattle at specific areas in the rev range.....I have not forced the issue and it has been parked up for the past few months. On doing a comp test all were in acceptable parameters, apart from cyl 5 or 6, can't remember , but it was down!

So the head is coming off and I will remove the pistons!

I am thinking about a recon head from TSR, but any info from yourselves would be gratefully received as to any other avenues.

Also if I pull the pistons, and i hope the bores will be ok, what is the best route to take for piston and rings if the are req.

all your advice will be greatly received, thanks very much Alan

I had a vr6 many years ago that started using a fair bit of oil and I had lots of smoke on overrun and an oily plug number 6. Head came off and it Turned out to be ovalized and scored bores on number 1 and 6 IIRC. Not much help I'm afraid, it was rebored and had the Mahle oversized pistons in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which reminds me..I STILL have an ABV 2.9 Vr mill that only had 19.000km's...

Pistons, sump, crank, distributer..

If you need anything..