Sign in to follow this  
mariovr6

water leaks vr6

one's for the air-con... can't help you on location on a VR 'cos I've never done one on a VR before.... :? On a G60 it's on the inside left right edge of the radiator (as you look at the car from the front) about half way down the rad... It's a BIG brass nut looking thing with a 3 pin multiplug attached to it....

temp sensor for the Aircon... Black one is the temp sender for the gauge on the dash, blue one is for the ECU... 8)

ok ive removed the switch copper plug thing from the rad ( just above the lower hose)

lets hope the fan works!!!

anyone got any good ideas on how to remove the thermostat ? ive removed the hoses around it n there aint much space and the 2 bolts just dont wont to come loose, ive already been throu 3 alenkeys

ANY TIPS??? n i dont mean tips on my spellin!! ok mr edwards!! lol

Before you put the new stat in, test it in boiling water first as I've picked up a dodgy one in the past. It should open fully within 15 seconds. Better to *know* it works before putting it in, rather than finding out later.

And always fill the coolant up via the rad hose and not the expansion tank. This is *critical*.

K

firstly thanks i changed the fan switch n the fan now comes on when it should aint really driven it long but it did cut in, so hope it dont boil over again? as for the thermostat i cant get them 2 lil bolts off they are stuck so i put all the pipes back...

the upper rad hose heats up much faster then the lower one, upper one HOT lower one cold , after 10 mins lower 1 heated up alot more...

is this a problem with the thermostat ???

also cheers i did put coolent throu the rad hose