Tigerfish

Learned something new

Was at a BBQ on Saturday and as it was my turn to drink for a change, the Mrs drove back. Anyway, the Clifford alarm has an annoying habit of re-arming if the ignition isn't switched on within 20 seconds. So we got in, open the windows and then she tries to start the car. It had auto armed again. So she randomly starts pressing buttons on the fob and all of a sudden all the windows roll up. Owned the car nearly 4 years and only just found this. So much better in this weather not having to put the windows up before getting out, used it everyday since

I have a Meta alarm and it's connected to the central locking - there is a wire on most cars for remote close already in the loom - when I press the "close" button continuously both the sunroof and the windows will close as the car locks. Well, most of the time anyway ;)

Was at a BBQ on Saturday and as it was my turn to drink for a change, the Mrs drove back. Anyway, the Clifford alarm has an annoying habit of re-arming if the ignition isn't switched on within 20 seconds. So we got in, open the windows and then she tries to start the car. It had auto armed again. So she randomly starts pressing buttons on the fob and all of a sudden all the windows roll up. Owned the car nearly 4 years and only just found this. So much better in this weather not having to put the windows up before getting out, used it everyday since

it is normally possible to tell if a car has 'full closure' - IE the windows & sunroof close on the alarm - by locking the drivers door with the key & holding it in the lock position, this activates the closure

some do just windows but some do sunroof too

for example on my '90 valver just the windows close but on the '95 VR the sunroof does too

in terms of how the alarm hooks into such i recall the guy who fitted the one on the valver say it is just one wire which needs connecting into the car