llukejp

Dta ecu loom questions

Only a couple so won't take much of your time up people.

Firstly I'm looking at going down the dta route for my vr6t this winter along with a few more upgrades now when it comes to cutting and welding and fabbing I'm alright but when it comes to wiring I run and hide in the corner. Do I need to make a hole new loom for dta or can chop the plug off my standard loom and replug it. If this isn't possible how hard is it really has anyone done it on here and lastly does anyone fancy making me a loom for me? money would be payed for your efforts of course.

Pic of the car in question

f9240106-7db2-438e-a01a-208acf9b54c0_zpsyygchauy.jpg

I've done a few Weber/iaw set-ups over the years. Used to get hold of wiring looms of cars

Like old Lancias and retro fit them onto mainly corrados and the odd golf 2 valvers I turboed back in the day. I don't see why you couldn't do it using your vr' loom. What your trying to achieve is very similar

To a mate of mine who's done the exact same thing using AEM software on his Toyota mr2 turbo, the easy thing being that AEM already sell the adaptor that conveniently plugs into the Toyota's o/e ecu..

Disconnect your loom, isolate inputs such as air temp, crank sensor position, throttle angle sensor, water temp. Sensor for the ecu to calculate the correct mixture, cam position sensor (If present).

Get six COP coils off say, a Toyota or Vw and wire in the ignition pick UPS if your engine is running coil pack, if not use the hall sender signal.

I make it sound a piece of **** but it is quite involved..

I retrofitted an entire 8 injector Pectel Weber L8 system original fitted on a crashed 4x4 sierra cosworth and used the wiring loom lifted off a Lancis delta evo-1 with twin MAP sensors, all worked fine till around 1.3 Bar turbo pressure, then the Pectel's extra 4 injectors cut in but the engine ran too rich.

I say go for it mate and use your loom.

Your lucky down in the UK, tuners virtually everywhere, unlike here in Italy where most can't even reprogramme aftermarket stuff.