robinw

Door pin plastic guide

I am looking for the plastic door pin guide / finisher that clips into the door trim. I had a minor repair carried out to the trim and the guide was found to be broken. I have tried a number of guides from other VW models but the corrado door pins are too thick to allow free movement

The black and white sided ones , that connects both rods ?. If so these should be available at TPS.

Hi. It's not them. It's the black plastic ring/sleeve that you see round the button on the top of the door card. I checked with TPS but they are no longer available. I ordered the Golf equivalents from VW Heritage but the bore is too small. I got a selection from various VW's as well as BMW's at the scrapie yesterday but the bores are all too tight. I might have to try alternative plastic door pin from to see if that works.

Hi. It's not them. It's the black plastic ring/sleeve that you see round the button on the top of the door card. I checked with TPS but they are no longer available. I ordered the Golf equivalents from VW Heritage but the bore is too small. I got a selection from various VW's as well as BMW's at the scrapie yesterday but the bores are all too tight. I might have to try alternative plastic door pin from to see if that works.

Took a further trip to the scrappies and got some thinner VW door lock pins from a Polo. Combined with the BMW rings, they work perfectly.

Took a further trip to the scrappies and got some thinner VW door lock pins from a Polo. Combined with the BMW rings, they work perfectly.

I did the exact same thing to make do until I eventually got the correct ones second hand off eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro