VEEDUBBED

Wheel spacers..

Righto,

What's the max thickness of wheel spacer one can fit onto a corrado running 15" BBS RM's fitted with 205 /50 section boots?

My major concern is when hitting a pothole or travelling 5 up that the tyre would shave itself on the wheelarch lip..

No choice if i fit bigger calipers under 15" wheels, only way is 15/20mm spacers.

Thoughts pleeze.

Depends how stiff car is. Mines running 17 inch RS4's with 205 40's which would be bout same rolling circ. or maybe more, you could put pretty much any size spacers and it'd never touch arches. It's lowered too, arches sit bout half and inch above tyres. It's got new Koni adjustables adjusted most of way up.

The front barely moves anyway, the back will rub not where'd you'd think at highest point but towards front and lower down, axle sort of arcs forward.

I'd say if it's rubbing at all it's too soft, full stop, the back should be pretty stiff to avoid tramping in my book. What's roads like in Rome, suppose that's the question?

P.S. I've GOT 15MM axle spacers for rear, rather than wheel spacers which are better than wheels spacers as no strain on bearings but harder to fit, for a 5 stud car. You'll have to adapt slightly if got ABS to clear sensors.

Your welcome to them if you want?

Just give me shout and remind me of your address,

Cheers

fairly

Allright Jekel,

Interesting..the rear axle spacers, sounds good. Mines got abs but I never use it and it's been disconnected for years anyway. Roads here in Rome? Mostly like Calcutta, total shiyte all over the city mate.. I'm stuck with 15" rims because of the stupid arse rules here, no mods what so ever. So I need to fit spacers up front to clear some Brembos.

I'll pm you my address, thanks!

Allright Jekel,

Interesting..the rear axle spacers, sounds good. Mines got abs but I never use it and it's been disconnected for years anyway. Roads here in Rome? Mostly like Calcutta, total shiyte all over the city mate.. I'm stuck with 15" rims because of the stupid arse rules here, no mods what so ever. So I need to fit spacers up front to clear some Brembos.

I'll pm you my address, thanks!

They'll be bang on for you, just remove the rear abs sensors as your not using anyway and no need to modify, it'll be obvious when you get them. You need longer bolts too, 15mm longer, but there standard m8's or m10's from memory you'll get anywhere BUT make sure at least rated to original spec. which is at least 8.8 from memory, I'd go 10.9 or higher myself. They came with bolts but they gave me wrong size.

They go between the axle and the hub carrier so you'll retain your original hubs, wheel bolts, centres etc. and all will fit perfect and wheel bearings won't be stressed. You'll have to get spacers for front, but half job done.

I'll send them off.

Stiff KONI's handle really well but sounds like you wouldn't want to drive round Rome with them. That said they are adjustable so go from factory to Race I think, so could just adjust down until bearable but still stiff enough not to rub anywhere, or adjust up if expecting a couple of fat boys in the back.

Would your average Italian Constable know what wheels a Corrado came with? I'd be tempted to argue the fact that that week in 1994 all white VR6's rolled out the factory with 17 inch RS4's on them. Worth a try?