daveme

Corrado VR6 1993 Aqua Blue Metallic (316K Miles) (Cheltenham) £2350

*** THIS CAR IS NOW SOLD ***

The sad day has finally come to sell my beloved Corrado. I’ve owned it since new and it has been my only car, hence the mileage of 316K miles. It was main dealer serviced until 170K miles (Dec 2005) and since then has been serviced every 10,000 miles in a local garage. Receipts for all work carried out are included. It has an MOT until May 2017 with no advisory items.

The car starts and runs well and is in great condition for its age. Apart from some minor rust around the nearside rear wheel arch and around the rear “Corrado” badge, the bodywork is in very good condition. A small scuff mark on the offside of the rear bumper exists along with some scratches on the rear spoiler. The splitter below the front bumper is also cracked.

The interior is in good condition with the delivery option electric Recaro Sport Seats (cloth) still fully functioning. The upholstery is excellent with no holes or stains and both the warning triangle and first aid box are unused. No smoking has been allowed in the car.

The car is original, except for the front wipers (Audi-TT upgrade), the radio, a Clifford alarm and a CAT 2 immobiliser. The upgrade to the headlight loom has also been done. A new radiator and coil pack have recently been fitted. High octane fuel has been used throughout its life in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.

Negatives:

• Offside front wheel bearing is noisy.

• Rocker cover gasket leaks.

• Sunroof doesn’t work – cable snapped. (However doesn’t leak.)

• Electric mirrors don’t work – motor’s seized.

• Rear spoiler doesn’t work.

• Rear wiper doesn’t work.

• Air blower direction control very stiff – set to windscreen.

• Radio/CD player doesn’t work.

• Fuse box cover missing.

• Hand brake rod plastic cover is cracked.

• Rear VW badge is missing.

An additional set of 4 original 15” Speedline alloys are also included. However, the personalised registration is not.

Edited by daveme
Car now sold.

Kudos on the mileage! I got my VR6 up to 244k before I sold it. Shows how fantastic these engines are.

Yeah, not many cars get above 300K, especially petrol cars. And I've had to do very little to the engine over the years.

I would be interested if anyone else has got their Corrado above 300K.