Big_Al

Gear stick very sloppy when the car is in gear.

Hey guys, havent been around on here in a while as my Corrado had to be shelved do in part to it being a total bitch, but also, due to a lot of personal family issues.

I have had an issue with the car the other day, could only select 3rd and 4th gears. Was fun driving home with this I can tell you.

It turned out to be a loose nut on the gear box selector. All re-aligned and working fine now.

The issue I seem to have now, is that when I but the car say into 1st, it goes in no bother, but the amount of play on the stick is unreal. Let go of the stick and it almost looks as if it has moved over to where 4th would be. But it is still in gear and working fine.

The car is a 2.0 16v with a Dave short shift mod fitted.

I am hoping it is just a bush issue.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers.

Al.

Hey guys, havent been around on here in a while as my Corrado had to be shelved do in part to it being a total bitch, but also, due to a lot of personal family issues.

I have had an issue with the car the other day, could only select 3rd and 4th gears. Was fun driving home with this I can tell you.

It turned out to be a loose nut on the gear box selector. All re-aligned and working fine now.

The issue I seem to have now, is that when I but the car say into 1st, it goes in no bother, but the amount of play on the stick is unreal. Let go of the stick and it almost looks as if it has moved over to where 4th would be. But it is still in gear and working fine.

The car is a 2.0 16v with a Dave short shift mod fitted.

I am hoping it is just a bush issue.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers.

Al.

Al,

Lift the gear surround and check the bolt on the left to right adjuster, it may have come loose. With the stick in neutral, position it centrally and tighten the bolt, adjust again if necessary.

Dave

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

So, to educate a stupid person, where would the bolt be located? Is this the bolt that sits directly in front of the gear stick as you look at it?

Sorry to be a dumb ass, but I just want to be sure.

Also, when the gear stick is in neutral, the stick does appear to be dead center. Would the adjuster still need adjusting?

Cheers.

Al.

The bolt is located between the stick and the cubby hole in the dash, It's usually gold coloured. The stick does need to be in the central position when in neutral but may be resting in that position anyway regardless of the tightness of the bolt.