Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

performance idea????? what do you think

you know how headlights suffer voltage drop ,and how a relay improoves things no end??

well do you recon the fuel pumps suffer a voltage drop??? i was thinking if you can pick up and extra bit of voltage it may help with better running

also i can see alarms causing further drops.

what do u think?

however... the radiator fan isn't relayed and will REALLY benefit from having a loom made up with 2 relays to provide 12V where it's needed! ;) :D 8)

i know the pump is relayed but its prob poo wiring and its 13 yrs old, im gona bung a voltmeter on there when i get chance

the fuel pump supplies more pressure than is actually required and its output is restricted by the fuel pressure regulator to the required amount of fuel for the engine so giving it a better supply wont make any difference as the engine can only take a certain amount of fuel (without mods like bigger injectors etc...) you would probably be better off making sure all of the engines earth points are healthy and maybee replacing some of the earth straps to make sure the ecu has a good supply and cleaning any vital connectors and giving them a coat of petroleum jelly or vaseline to stop water ingress

relaying the fuel pump is pretty pointless as its just another thing to go wrong really.

If you're disconnecting any earth straps - be sure to disconnect the ECU first or you run the risk of frying it !!