maff

Misfire when engine warm

Recently adjusted the timing on the vr6 after a lack of power over 5000rpm, now this morning for the first time I used the car to take the lad to footy and all was fine for say 6 miles, then I when opened her up at bit it but very stron until 5500 where it felt flat, then it was terrible, like it was running on 2 cylinders, really chugging, really weird as I've just started it to put it back on the drive and it's fine, no misfire or anything?

After a bit of searching I'm lead to the coilpack but wouldn't it do it all the time?, it's just had 10mm race leads?

Yeah good shout, my good pal has one on his mk1 vr6 which is locked away, might pester him:-)

I think I've found the culprit, just been out in the car and was fine for a few miles then started to bog down, no power at all. Returned home and the cat was sizzling away and very hot, I think when the six branch was fitted something has blocked the cat or the cats broken up?

May be an easy fix then if the de-cat was passed onto you? When I got it there was a de-cat in place. I swapped it out for a second hand cat and lambda I got from lilfuzzer but left the de-cat with attached lambda in the boot for the new owner. Was it passed onto you?

Hi Sean, no decat passsed onto me, can't believe how strong the engine pulls for its mileage? Must of had some work?

Just deciding whether to go decat or standard cat at the mo??

Here is a sale pic with what I left for the new owner

DSC_0231_zpsfhaoafoo.jpg

No idea if had any work tbh mate. Maybe worth getting on an RR though. The cams are standard, but may well have had some other internal work and a remap?...........

Thanks mate, that decat must be long gone, and I think the wishbones are on the car!

Undecided whether or not to go decat or just put another cat back on tbh? Also don't want any boomy resonance when driving steady