Bfstrachan

Gearbox pin...

Quick question about the pin under the arm on the gearbox. When I was changing the release bearing I knocked the pin out and am unsure which way around it goes into the hole? One end has a plastic cup and the other has nothing, what end goes into the gearbox hole?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill, I take it you mean the clutch slave cylinder's actuator pin?

The plastic end cap acts on the release arm's socket, the end without the plastic cup is pushed inside the slave cylinder's rubber grommet.

Put some moly grease on both ends first and a little on the release arm hole too.

Bill, I take it you mean the clutch slave cylinder's actuator pin?

The plastic end cap acts on the release arm's socket, the end without the plastic cup is pushed inside the slave cylinder's rubber grommet.

Put some moly grease on both ends first and a little on the release arm hole too.

Ah - that's what it's called! Thanks for that. Glad you replied as I had put the rod in upside down... What is moly grease, don't know that term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, any type of high melting Point grease would do, i use moly as i have a big tub Left over.

Another tip Bill, when refitting the gearbox, thread in a 13mm bolt into the gearbox to lock the arm in place using the threaded hole on top of the bellhousing, next to the round timing hole. This blocks the clutch arm in the position and won't allow the release bearing to slide off the inner carrier. But remember to unbolt it and remove it afterwards!!

Ok, any type of high melting Point grease would do, i use moly as i have a big tub Left over.

Another tip Bill, when refitting the gearbox, thread in a 13mm bolt into the gearbox to lock the arm in place using the threaded hole on top of the bellhousing, next to the round timing hole. This blocks the clutch arm in the position and won't allow the release bearing to slide off the inner carrier. But remember to unbolt it and remove it afterwards!!

Spot on - thanks for the tips! Learning all the time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk