akacheesy

HELP!! No blowers, wipers, heated rear screen

So I just fired up the 'rado after my week away at work to find myself without wipers, front and rear, no blower, no heated rear screen. Checked all the fuses and all looks fine.

Anyone had this issue? I'm thinking it could be a relay or something.

Think there are additional fuses above the fusebox that attach via black holders. These iirc can cause these issues if blown.

Just in case anyone is reading this thread, I took out relay no 72, 99 & 18. Opened them up, sprayed them with contact cleaner and put them back, everything works fine now but really couldn't tell you which one was at fault. Fixed one problem and discovered another, rear no plate lights has a well dodgy connection, time to invest in a soldering iron, the joys of owning at 23 year old motor

72 is the Rear Wiper Relay

99 is the Wash wipe Intermittent Relay

18 is the load Reduction Relay

A number of these relays have PCB's that have electrolytic capacitors installed. These capacitors are getting to the end of their natural life cycle. I have replaced all mine (+ those in the Engine and ABS ECU) + Re-flowed a lot of bad solder joints.

The mechanical coil / switch assembly is generally very reliable.

If there is any interest I can build a guide with photos?

Edited by marks2

Just in case anyone is reading this thread, I took out relay no 72, 99 & 18. Opened them up, sprayed them with contact cleaner and put them back, everything works fine now but really couldn't tell you which one was at fault. Fixed one problem and discovered another, rear no plate lights has a well dodgy connection, time to invest in a soldering iron, the joys of owning at 23 year old motor

Unfortunately Corrado's have very much stepped across into that sort of territory now. Wiring issues, structural / bodywork maintenance, etc. Not attractive propositions for a solid daily driver any more unless you like keeping busy with this kind of tinkering.

Unfortunately Corrado's have very much stepped across into that sort of territory now. Wiring issues, structural / bodywork maintenance, etc. Not attractive propositions for a solid daily driver any more unless you like keeping busy with this kind of tinkering.

Whilst this is very true Jim there are preventative measures that can be taken so that your corrado is no less reliable than any 5 year old car. If the G60 I have just stripped for spares is anything to go by the issues are 2 fold; age and previous owners bodges.

I've re-built my ABS / Engine ECU + relays and will start on the looms in the spring.

Happy to build a quick how to guide; but only if there is sufficient interest?

There is always interest in DIY guides, especially when it comes to rebuilds, etc! If you have the time to write something up, it'd be much appreciated.