Bfstrachan

9a rocker cover

Just to clarify...

On the 9a head my rocker cover studs in the centre aren't long enough to come up through the rocker holes to secure them. Guessing there should be longer studs for the middle two?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't you mean bolts bill? Never seen a 9A's rocker cover fixed

Down with studs..

3 long bolts in the center, the rest are all shorter but all the same length.

Seat those gaskets properly first and make sure the two half moon oil seals don't get

dislodged whilst maneuvering the cover back in.

Hmmm, my head has studs and nuts for securing the cover. Will go ahead and change that over to bolts then. Thanks as ever for your advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing different Bill, they'll both do the job fine.

With studs and nuts it might be more difficult to actually remove the cover 'cos you'd have to lift it off add to that maybe a sticking gasket..whilst your in there, check the cam chain isn't too worn.

With studs and nuts it might be more difficult to actually remove the cover 'cos you'd have to lift it off add to that maybe a sticking gasket..whilst your in there, check the cam chain isn't too worn.

Will change over the centre ones only. Will give local VW a shout - shouldn't be too expensive for 3 bolts :)

Thanks! Pretty much replaced everything when I fitted the KR cams. New chain and tappets etc... I managed to get the bolts from VW - 48mm x M6 from what they said. Should get the engine/box back in this week :)