Bfstrachan

Clutch slave cylinder pipe...

Got the engine in today and found that the pipe going into my clutch slave cylinder is needling to be replaced. What have you guys done do you fit a similar pipe or can something be made to fit?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've not done it, mine looked new on car when got it, but I'm sure you could just make up a copper one with a pipe making kit, presume that coil thing is there for a purpose, to avoid air locks probably. I'm in South Shields, got a brand new pipe making kit never used yet your welcome to borrow if needbe.

When done I took someone's advice and took the slave cylinder out, held above height of master and bled perfect straight away with a pressure bleeder.

I've not done it, mine looked new on car when got it, but I'm sure you could just make up a copper one with a pipe making kit, presume that coil thing is there for a purpose, to avoid air locks probably. I'm in South Shields, got a brand new pipe making kit never used yet your welcome to borrow if needbe.

When done I took someone's advice and took the slave cylinder out, held above height of master and bled perfect straight away with a pressure bleeder.

Thanks for the help and offer my friend! I managed to get one from a guy who sells HEL ones, he was recommended by one of the forum members. When you took out your old slave, did you simply switch them out? I did, but read that you are supposed to disconnect the selector lever? Hope I haven't done something that will upset the operation :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help and offer my friend! I managed to get one from a guy who sells HEL ones, he was recommended by one of the forum members. When you took out your old slave, did you simply switch them out? I did, but read that you are supposed to disconnect the selector lever? Hope I haven't done something that will upset the operation :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey buddy, where did you get the Clutch Slave Pipe? I don't really want to buy an old beaten up second hand one on ebay!