reggiebaby

Wheel bearings

Hi guys, can any body help iam fitting new wheel bearings into new rear disk and I think something's not quite right, when I put the front bearing surround in it's not very tight I can almost push in with my hand and it spins when in place. I am not expert so any advise would me much appreciated.

The race should need to be pressed in. Somethings not right there mate. The outer bearing itself only remains in place with the aid of the slotted washer and castlated nut, but the races should need to be pressed in. What disks and bearings are they, and where did you get them from? Might be worth giving whoever supplied them a bell.

Hmmm, both reasonable brands, maybe worth exchanging them though, and opening the new box whilst you're there (if its a local branch rather than delivered), to test them quickly.

Just done mine and old ones knocked out and new ones in pretty easily but do need to be drifted in.

Avoid doing the front ones yourself mate, thought would be well in, took to my mechanic for the job and told me took heat and over 20 tonnes of pressure with a massive press to get old ones out, said sounded like a bomb going off when eventually released.