G5vws

9a timing belt tensioner.

Hi folks.

This may sound like a daft question. Is there different types of tensioners? The one I've been supplied with looks totally different from the one on the car. Everywhere only seems to list 1 tensioner including vw.

I've Got a different Version in My box of bits too, i think it was off the Audi 2.0 16v Engine but it's been ages so i'm not 100% sure.

Can you put up a photo?

Ok nice one ,at least I'm not going mad, there are 2 different ones.

So the question is where do I get one? Everyone seems to only stock or list the normal manual adjust with the 2 holes. Anyone know what the part number for it is.

If I've still got It i could get you the number. I just need to find a way of getting down to my garage, it's underground and I've got a busted ankle.. I 'think' you can retro fit the older version but I don't remember if the locating stud on the cyl. Head is bigger than the version in your car's head.

What's wrong with your tensioner? Noisy?

Yeah it started to whine about a week ago so I thought better safe than sorry. And looking through the cars history last change was done 2010.