robertmcg

New Corrado now i have troubles

91c0dfda7a70b9edd66d8f7ecbb657bb.jpg So. I got a 2.0 16v for my first car and I love it although it needs a potentiometer I've been told. Because it dies on idle and the only throttle control I have is zero or flat out. I don't know which one to buy though I know its a 9a engine could anyone point me it the right direction. Please.

Sent from my thl_T7 using Tapatalk

Welcome on board!

I may have one Left over mate, i'll check Tomorrow and see.

Could also be the microswitch on the throttle housing sticking too.

Ah is that a big job? I'm not mechanically minded you see. If you could mate that would be great. How much do you want for it?

Fairly straightforward job, remove the trunking from the throttle body, take care to take off the 2 small vacuum pipes underneath it(remember to put them back on after) then remove throttle body, you'll need to unclip the accelerator cable, then the potentiometer is on the TB and it's just a swap over, then a reversal to reassemble. Have you checked the ISV(idle speed valve) as it's got a fair bit to do with the idle

The above is from my distant memory btw so hopefully it's accurate. Maybe let people know where you are as well as someone local might advise/help

Edited by easypops

Thanks! that sounds simple enough i have not checked the isv I'm only going off what a mechanic friend told me. He removed the cable for the potentiometer and checked with an ampmeter? Ohmeter? I don't know. How do I check the isv? I'll search the threads I love the car but this is a bit of a headache 8(

I'm in Ayr in Scotland its first run I took it to Birmingham and back it never skipped a beat luckily it was a day after I got home the throttle issue happened. You guys are so helpful thanks.