Guest sam1990rhodes

Wheel Spacers

Guest sam1990rhodes

Looking at getting some hub centric wheel spacers, can anyone advise if 15mm spacers will fit my wheels: 205/40zr17 84w or will they foul the arches when turning?

Guest sam1990rhodes

Not sure exactly what these alloys are , lighting was rubbish last night, sorry!:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85259[/ATTACH]

Not sure exactly what these alloys are , lighting was rubbish last night, sorry!:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85259[/ATTACH]

i think odub meant more as in the wheel spec: size, width, offset ;)

Normally printed in the spokes or on the back somewhere hopefully

They're 17s and probably 7.5" width going by the tyre spec. Just need to find out the et

Guest sam1990rhodes

Its a positive offset if that's any help?

Its a positive offset if that's any help?

likely not m8

best thing for you to do it whip a wheel off & look on the inside - you will see the ET stamped or embossed onto the wheel somewhere, they normally have the with in J as well eg 7.5J ET40

the specific figures are needed so as to calculate the offset etc properly

Standard Corrado Speedlines are 6.5 x 15 ET 43. If your proposed wheels are 7 x 17 ET 37 then the face of the new wheel will sit 12mm further out towards the arch as shown in the calculator below. An extra 12mm will not cause a problem, however, if you were to put a 15mm spacer behind the wheel then you can be sure that you will have fouling problems especially with the larger diameter wheel.

Enter the details of the existing and proposed wheels in the relevant boxes and hit the 'calculate' button

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#

Edited by leon263

Guest sam1990rhodes

4 stud. So would I be right in saying 10mm spacers are the best to go for?

i'm running 11mm hubcentric spacers on my 4 stud with 17x7.5 wheels et about 35.

tyres are 205/40 bridgestone re002 and the car is fairly low. The fronts fit just fine but the rears scrub the arch over bumps. if you went to 15mm spacers you'd be looking at running a much skinnier tyre to avoid rub but it would fit

i'm running 11mm hubcentric spacers on my 4 stud with 17x7.5 wheels et about 35.

tyres are 205/40 bridgestone re002 and the car is fairly low. The fronts fit just fine but the rears scrub the arch over bumps. if you went to 15mm spacers you'd be looking at running a much skinnier tyre to avoid rub but it would fit

if it is an early rado they run on 195's rather than 205's - that could help

how are you finding the RE002's odub?

i love them on my VR :D

I haven't done any miles on them yet but will be moving the car back to mine soon. They seem to have good reviews and feel nice and sticky

I haven't done any miles on them yet but will be moving the car back to mine soon. They seem to have good reviews and feel nice and sticky

personally i like the way you cant really tell the difference when either wet or dry

Guest sam1990rhodes

Cheers all. Will have a look, has anyone got any recommendations on brands?