Geeba

Leather steering wheel

My steering wheel is very badly worn, anyone got a leather one they no longer need?

Or can you get them recovered?

I'm in the process of restoring my italvolanti steering wheel. I'm recovering it in new leather but it's not an easy task! I see ebay has a few wheels but they go for around £60-£80. It's up to you really in regards to re-trimming it, I have a friend helping me do mine but I image it shouldn't be ridiculous money to get it done by a company.

Cheers Grizzly, did you buy a kit to do yours? - I was just wondering if there was such a thing for a factory wheel..

Cheers Grizzly, did you buy a kit to do yours? - I was just wondering if there was such a thing for a factory wheel..

I searched but couldn't find one for a corrado wheel. They seem to only make ones for newer cars and it's a slip on, whereas I have completely removed the old leather from my wheel and cut a hide to fit my wheel then just need to sew it. You could tackle it yourself as I've never done one before either, but it is very fiddly and requires a lot of patience. If it's bugging you too much then best bet would be a second hand wheel in good nick.

There's been some info on here before about someone that does recover them. You have to send it abroad to them I believe, as I was considering that route with mine one day. I'll have a search later to see if I can find the link

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk