Clem

New guy looking to get into a VR6

Hi All,

I have been sniffing around the idea of a Corrado VR6 for years and its finally come to a point where my budget and requirements seem to line up with one for the first time ...

No doubt I'll have loads of questions over the hunt but my first came up when I looked at this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610058460279?sort=price-asc&make=VOLKSWAGEN&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&postcode=w129lu&model=CORRADO&page=1

Why does it sit so high?!!

Any general thoughts on this one from you guys also? I am mostly looking at it as its near me and seems a good one to have a first look at. I am not super keen on the white leather (or leather in general actually) but can possibly see past that. Also the alloys are ugly but that can be rectified. Also its high in my budget (ideally nearer 5-5.5k) but I think I should be able to work the dealer down seeing as its not on its original alloys...

Anyway ... any thoughts appreciated, or pointers towards VR6s for my sort of budget.

Cheers

Clem

Welcome to the forum!

Height wise... well, it's basically factory suspension (which always was rather comical in height!), especially so on the really late models like the Storm. This issue can be really amplified by fitting larger aftermarket alloys too, but in this case, I think they look like 15" wheels still. But now you can probably understand why aftermarket suspension kits are so popular with these cars! :)

To be honest with the way prices are going on Corrado's these days, the money seems reasonable for a low mileage Storm provided it has a comprehensive history. The original BBS 15" 'Solitude' alloys are available new from VW Classic Parts for not crazy money so would be pretty trivial to put the car back to standard as I agree those alloys don't really suit it much!

You should certainly be able to get a good VR for the money you're looking to spend.

As Jim says height wise the the car looks standard... the 4x4 look. Solitude rims are about 90 Euro each from classic parts.

Annoyingly I think the price has gone up :( But the main thing is they're still available.

Cool thats put my mind at ease on the height. I am not especially attached to the idea of a Storm, green, or the beige leather ... so I suspect this is just a look to get my eye in on corrados but I shall make a trip to see it :)

Whilst not actually that different from a normal VR6 in any meaningful way, the Storm is certainly regarded as one of the most desirable models and will be a good bet for future investment in terms of values so.. well worth considering.

That's a nice motor. And it looks like it has the original aircon switches above the cigarette lighter so that could be a bonus.

Definitely needs the original alloys IMO .....

Go for it

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Don't think this will hang around long... few nice bits airco and heated seat... not a fan of green and beige either... but if the history stacks up and it's not rusty a good investment.

I like most colours except red and white cars ... so naturally the two offered here are red and white ;)

I will bear them in mind though, thanks for posting them.

Seems like I need to take this green one more seriously when I go see it.