Simeon

To wide-track or not to wide-track? G60

Hi all, I'm fairly new to Corrado ownership - I have only driven my G60 about 1.5hours home from where I bought it and its not moved since. As a result I can't really comment on how it handled (although I remember thinking not very well, no doubt due to the many dodgy bits I've uncovered since).

Now, I didn't mean to pull it all apart, but I now have the steering rack / track rods / subframe off and I have all the parts I need off a Mk3 Golf Tdi to go 4x100 widetrack if I want. I have Googled it and there are a few old threads where people comment that wide-tracking 4-pot Corrados isn't really advisable as it ruins the handling characteristics .. this is fairly contrary to my background in Mk2 Golfs where wide-tracking is the be all and end all in handling upgrades (not that I ever did it..).

Does anyone on here have real world experience with narrow and wide-track on a 4-pot who can advise whether it is a good idea?

Cheers in advance :)

I did it earlier this year to my 8v using mk3 vr6 parts. I think it improved the car. Perhaps it's just personal preference but the extra castor for me gives better stability at speed and turn in.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Cheers for the reply, Mk3 Vr6 will be 5x100 then so you get the different ball joints etc which allows the extra castor. I'm not sure the 4x100 set-up has this advantage?