neil20vtc

Fuel pump

Hi can anyone tell me if it's normal for fuel to be coming up round the top of the swirl pot when the pumps running?

Think I have a fuelling issue I've replaced the pump walbro 255 for vrt with another but I'm still having an issue with the car hesitating on boost had the car running with the pump running in tank to check for leaks on the intank hoses and fuel seems to be coming up round the pump when it's running is this normal?

Cheers Neil

Excess fuel return from the fpr?

When you say swirl pot, do you mean a custom set up or the original crap black version under the car?

Sorry I said swirl pot it's the original pump housing in the tank of a vr6 with a walbro pump fitted, just fitted a new hose to one of the in tank pump lines and it still did the same thing with fuel bubbling up around the pump so I presume it's a return of some sort and normal

After this car ran great got boost back then it's just died on me currently stuck in a layby turns over but won't start I'm about ready for settin the thing alight!

Bloody turbo corrados, I know one or two things about them..

Get shot of the crap Walbro pump and fit a proper Bosch 044 item in its place, I retro fitted one inside my turboed g60 pump housing, miles more reliable than the rubbish Walbro..

Have you got a spark?

Got it going in the end ashamed to admit that it was the hose I'd fitted, must of picked up a non reinforced piece of fuel resistant hose pressure had blown it,had me scratching my head for a bit though as fuel was still making it to the rail, anyways fitted the right bit of hose I had lying around and jobs a good un!

And hear what your sayin about the walbros I'll wait and see how long this one lasts managed to fit it lower in the pump housing so shouldn't get starved of fuel, how was the 044 for noise as heard they are very noisy?

A bit noisy but nothing too intrusive.

The only problem I had was if I was low on fuel, the pump would sometimes suck up air, especially going up hills or the ramp out of my lock up.

Simple answer here, always bung in half a tank of fuel..