michaelbailey

Crank position sensor

Need a new one I think due to struggle on warm start. Looking on gsf there is one for £68 and since I have a 50% voucher code (feel free to ask for it as it's unlimited) I thought it would be good idea to get it however im not too sure it's the correct one. Part no is 929VG0470

Thanks guys

Put the car on a vagcom first. These rarely go wrong, despite where they are situated. FPR, or the blue temp sender would be my first port of call .

Normally crank position sensor means car won't start full stop, temp. immaterial.

Got at least 1 spare 4 bar Bosch FPR, all perfect, bought a few while back new old stock, most used now but very lightly, give me a shout if need one, as new price for Bosch is ridiculous for what they are.

After engine rebuild and various upgrades running 3 bar now anyway, switched to new EV6 injectors which have higher flow at 3 bar than standard at 4.

Bought few as always sell like hot cakes on Ebay, really good upgrade for GTi owners, but thing that downloads photos onto ebay not working on new laptop, or not set up yet,4 bars rare only VR6 some turbo's and big engined Audi's use as standard.

Probs. got old crank sensor too which was fine renewed all my sensors and ancillaries when upgraded engine.

Just to throw my experience into the mix, I've had an intermittently faulty crank sensor for years, confirmed by vagcom fault codes, the problem for me is the wire to it - if the car won't start, a quick wiggle of the wire usually works.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk