TomBarker1991

Engine Swap, Ideas!

Well after ditching the idea of throwing a 20V lump into my corrado Im now open to any ideas anyone has!!

The more oddball the better Im pretty much open to anything V8, diesel etc :thumbleft:

I was going to suggest the 4.2 v8 from the C5 S6. 340 bhp out of the box. Cam belt so none of the issues with the BBK chain driven variant used in the B6 S4. Not sure it will fit though and would need some major fab to convert to RWD.

If your looking at things like that how about a 2.7TT from various Audis' Its a fairly compact engine and you could look at single turbo kits. Easily get 400bhp+ out of them.

There a few folks putting them in Boxsters now. Main thing would be gearbox to figure out.

I do look at this as an option as the allroads came with the 2.7T in and can be had quite cheap as for gearbox it would be passat style so would have to try and work out mounting and if the driveshafts would be remotely close to lining up

Didn't think about the LS looked at the 4.0 Lexus V8 lumps as they aren't too unreasonable on price

Lots of tuning options for the 1uzfe engine. The vvti 3uzfe is better straight out the box, but less tuning options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro