Swompy

Auxiliary belt replacement

One if the jobs that needs doing on my new corrado is the auxiliary belt is quite squeaky so I want to replace it and whilst I'm at it I might as well do the tensioner bearing as detailed in this guide

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/vr6_belt_tensioner_pulley_repair.html

I'm having trouble finding the exact bearing quoted, will this one fit bearing size 17mmx40mmx12mm?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272252963506

Also any recommendations for replacement belts?

I always use continental belts.. find all others squeal, if you have air conditioner you need a longer double sided belt.

X2 for conti. Can't help with baring though. I do have a spare tensioner if you need one though buddy

Pop on eBay for the bearing mate - plenty of vendors listing it.

Done the job myself on my old VR quite a few years ago and it was easy enough.. just used a vice for pushing the old bearing out and new one in with appropriately sized sockets :)

That's where I'm looking for the bearing him but cannot find the exact one listed (well in the US I can but not UK)

The link I posted above is to one similar but not 100% if it'll fit

It needs to be 6203-2RS, so the sizes you have posted above are correct.

I'd use a Gates belt :)

Ahh nice. That's the one I could find just the one quoted has it as 6203-2RS1 which is what made me unsure if I had the right one or not

Ahh nice. That's the one I could find just the one quoted has it as 6203-2RS1 which is what made me unsure if I had the right one or not

Hiya - did you get this sorted in the end?

I've just pressed the bearing out of mine as it was dry... the closest I could find was this one..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S-K-F-Ball-bearing-6203-2RS1-for-washing-machine-/292211702880?epid=1306270806&hash=item44092cbc60:g:ZWEAAOSwFqNZRDXb

I need to do this, replaced the whole tensioner with an INA item but started making a noise after a few thousand miles.

I've deleted the air-con on my car, is there a different bracket for the PAS pump on non-air-con cars?