Simeon

Gear stick height (Mk4 Conversion)

Hi all, doing the Mk4 shifter conversion on my '92 G60 using the Polo housing.

Now the Mk4 gear stick isn't threaded, so I want to sort that, but I've also read that the stick is too high. I can't compare it because I've already sold the standard Corrado one :p

Anyone done it who can tell me how much you need to chop off?

Cheers

Standard VR is 7" from the centre side to side pivot (the front back pivot is just above this) on the stick to the top of the knob.

I could measure bottom of the interior mirror to the top of the knob if that helps?

Bottom of the mirror to the top of the knob 19 inches

I run the same setup, I do find it quite high, I am planning to chop.it slightly and return it to more original length. Its is a stretch for the gaitor at the moment when in 2nd.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I run the same setup, I do find it quite high, I am planning to chop.it slightly and return it to more original length. Its is a stretch for the gaitor at the moment when in 2nd.

It'd be ideal if you could get the measurement you currently have from mirror to knob for the OP

Thanks for the replies, I'll mount it and use the measurement from bottom of mirror.

Spuddy, if you find yourself in the Corrado with a tape measure (as you do :p ) it'd be interesting to know distance from bottom of mirror. What gear knob have you used, MK4 one?

Thanks for the replies, I'll mount it and use the measurement from bottom of mirror.

Spuddy, if you find yourself in the Corrado with a tape measure (as you do ) it'd be interesting to know distance from bottom of mirror. What gear knob have you used, MK4 one?

Pics in 2nd, 4th and neutral. Bad camera angle, the measurements to top of gearstick ball with standard knob is 180mm

Distance from bottom of mirror, 425mm 6d160f36f0bc68bf3faefd4eb67617be.jpga02e4e06996dd1cf9409eeabcd9758b1.jpg66f6923ca2caa4860965d658a3e3b363.jpgd31a9791fd4f236169659446dea499df.jpg

Excuse the state of my interior, in trying to find a replacement so not really got the motivation to clean it haha