Geeba

3.65 Diff for VR

Some have said you can fit a VR6 bell housing to a 16V box for virtually the same thing (slightly different gear ratios), I have the box, still looking for a bell housing.....

I might have one, or two available.

Only problem is that i don't remember How many teeth they had..

1 had 62 on the crown wheel but I don't have the bell housing anymore.

I might have one, or two available.

Only problem is that i don't remember How many teeth they had..

1 had 62 on the crown wheel but I don't have the bell housing anymore.

You need to move back to the UK with all these Corrado goodies!! LOL!

I'm honestly not sure what size I need.... would it be worth looking at a Peloquin 16v diff maybe?

Always a good idea mate, can't go wrong with Gary Peloquin's diffs..

Especially a good idea with a 16v 'box as the ratios are so short and especially when i convince you to buy all My goodies to turbo your ride..

If you need anything, give me a shout.

Always a good idea mate, can't go wrong with Gary Peloquin's diffs..

Especially a good idea with a 16v 'box as the ratios are so short and especially when i convince you to buy all My goodies to turbo your ride..��

If you need anything, give me a shout.

I was going with the VR box and the 16V diff? - is that correct?

Sounds right geebs,

Dox is right too, i had a 2.9 ABV Vr6 'box about 10 years ago and the gear trains were virtually identical to those fitted to the 16v gearbox. The difference was all in the final drive, 1 or two teeth more afair, been a long time now..

Anyway, i have a few complete final drives if you need any and a few turbos, injectors, manifolds.....

Some have said you can fit a VR6 bell housing to a 16V box for virtually the same thing (slightly different gear ratios), I have the box, still looking for a bell housing.....

Dox, do you know the part number for the diff? or the exact model that goes in?

It's crunch time this weekend, cars off to my mums for stripping out ;)

You got a trailer sorted.. or pushing round the block ?

Looks like we're pushing :( - maybe a sneaky tow rope ;) we're going to move it early and hopefully avoid plod.... be passing yours at about 9am... get the kettle on! lol

At the seaside this weekend, otherwise gladly provide the beers... I guess that's the easy way... even though there's a slight downward hill going down Crabtree you get stuck getting in and out of the high street.

You practicing for the wheelbarrow race is year... think it's a few weeks time after the fete. Ha ha.

Have a good weekend...

At the seaside this weekend, otherwise gladly provide the beers... I guess that's the easy way... even though there's a slight downward hill going down Crabtree you get stuck getting in and out of the high street.

You practicing for the wheelbarrow race is year... think it's a few weeks time after the fete. Ha ha.

Have a good weekend...

Yeah I did think about traversing the high street... I was tempted to fill it with ATF and see if it would move under its own steam... but I decided against 20 quids worth of fluid that might not work and will technically be going in the bin..

Coast will be nice... apparently the weather is going to break on Sunday thou?

Ermmm no, not doing the wheel barrow race, I usually watch them come past the house, I know a few guys that do usually do it.

Have a good weekend too!

You should be driving the Corrado down to the coast!

Edited by Geeba

Don't suppose anyone that has done this mod would be able to advise would they? - has anyone done it? :/

I believe this to be a mod that has been carried out loads of times in the past.......According to the Wiki the 3.68 diff was fitted to the G60 and 2.0Lt 16V.

Ian.

I believe this to be a mod that has been carried out loads of times in the past.......According to the Wiki the 3.68 diff was fitted to the G60 and 2.0Lt 16V.

Ian.

Cheers Ian

Much appreciated... I did look in the wiki but couldnt see any how-to's etc...

I'm guessing I would have to buy the whole gearbox?

Basically you want the Final Drive gear from a G60 box (and 3rd gear if you can) and that is put into a VR6 gearbox with your other standard VR6 gears.

Its just a lower final drive so means you go through the gears quicker but lowers your overall top speed in each gear. Its not the diff itself your changing. Oh and Im sure its 3.68 not 3.65 from a G60. 3.65 might make it almost too low.

http://www.mk2vr6.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=6601

Edited by coullstar