delfinis38

New watch battery

My tag is loosing time and the tachymeter doesn't work... it's had the current battery nearly 3 years since I bought it. If it was a cheap watch I would just buy a battery and do it my self...

So do i get battery changed by tag let them tell me it needs a major service and it will cost me 200 notes... at least it will be pressure tested... watch only had a 2 year warrantee.

Get a local jeweller change the battery for 30 quid... no pressure testing. Never use it underwater anyway...

Or do it myself buy tool off eBay to remove back cover and buy 2 pound battery....

What do people do ?

Edited by delfinis38

I took my tag and the mrs omega to a good back street watch shop cost pence, and never had any issues ! Don't pay there inflated prices , spend it on the rado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to give a shout out to this guy - Duncan at Genesis Watchmaking:

http://www.genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/tag-heuer-pricing.html

I had a couple of Omega's worked on, and also an irreplaceable albeit low value pocket watch (family heirloom) and he just does excellent work, with excellent communication too. Only downer is you need to ship to him so you of course want full tracked / insured postage!

Prices are pretty reasonable I think - watch repair, done properly, is a serious skill!

Delfinis, you need a Ruhla , no battery needed . Genuine GDR workmanship tachometer always works , as long as you remember to wind it up lol .