Tonyt123

Bristol vw fest

Whats it like now ?. I was going to go this year but could not in the end . I went three years ago , the show was great apart from the water cooled show and shine . All different categories for everything else , you know the usual , MK1 ,MK2,MK3 ETC ,but the corrado's were dumped in any other watercooled , which was a bummer to be honest . You cant judge a polo GTI in the same category as a corrado !. It winds me up a bit that everthing else has its own place , especially the splittys and bugs and as i said MK1's to MK3's .I must say too , that Darrens car was there next to me , if that doesnt win a trophy then there is something a miss lol,

Edited by robrado974

To be honest not great ,one rado on show (rusty madmax j reg?).some nice mk1/2 golfs and endless t5s which are good to see as there getting different by the year .im glad I didn't camp walked round it in under an hour .some cool American gangster bumpers though!

I didnt miss much then . I have to admit im more in to mix bagged shows now . We have a local one at Powderham castle , all the cars are in sections , classic americans, muscle cars , retro Fords , Vauxhall etc, so much to see there .

To be honest not great ,one rado on show (rusty madmax j reg?).some nice mk1/2 golfs and endless t5s which are good to see as there getting different by the year .im glad I didn't camp walked round it in under an hour .some cool American gangster bumpers though!

Have to agree,went on Saturday but only saw the Corrado you mentioned,at least I saw the Wurzels :thumbleft:

Maybe next year we could start our own class,I could bring a few :dance:

I thought about going but have too much else on at the moment and apart from the fact it's local doesn't have much else going for it.

Queens square breakfast meet was on this morning and would have been a much better way to spend some time

Haven't been for a while used to have a good turn out with corrado's from members on here but most of the local guys have now sold on their cars