Rob W

Newbie with Black 94 VR6!

Hi everyone.

Me and my 10 YO son have been doing a lot of work on it over the last couple of months. Although we haven't had the facilities that some of you may have had, we've been able to in my spare time, remove the Engine & Gbox, renew Gbox, clutch, clutch cylinder, front suspension (except shocks & springs), brakes complete, ABS sensors, Heater Matrix (with was an absolute Bitch of a job), and a few other menially jobs.

Although its not complete yet, Brake MC, Front Camber Angle & Heater Motor, there are a few items which i am finding hard to find. if any of you are able to help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

-Dashboard (had a accident when i removed the heater matrix and it won't sit right any more, definitely not repairable).

-Heater Control, mine works but there are a few tabs snapped off for the mounting screws an the cable clamps.

i'm sure i will be scrolling through the many threads on this site and asking many questions, probably bone obvious ones, but i'm looking forward to learning as many tricks as possible about my Rado.

Where are you located? Dash shouldn't be a problem and not massively expensive, but thats really down to the fact they don't often discolour and crack, and people won't post them due to the size! Heater controls on the other hand are rare in genuinely good working order, and are VERY expensive on the second hand market.

Good luck with your search though mate!

Currently working in Germany, but back in the Wiltshire area as of August.

once i'm back in the UK, i'll start the search for a dashboard, touch wood i'll be able to find one. regards to my heater control, i've just repaired it by using an old Golf Mk 3 and cutting and gluing the tabs. gonna fit it this Friday, so touch wood all works.