SR_Neale

brake servo removal

Does anyone have a guide for brake servo removal. I have removed the 4 13mm nuts from inside the car and have disconnected from brake pedal at the top but cant wiggle it out. Do I need to separate the part that goes from the pedal to the servo itself? If so how do they come apart. Cheers in advance stew.

I find it a really hard job, just seems to hit the suspension turret. I managed it in the end, but to get the new one in i had to loosen all the black metal inside the car that the pedals fix to. (i was upgrading to the Teves20 stuff at the time)

It's just a tight fit and needs a bit of manipulating to get them out and back in. Mine came out no bother with just the 4 nuts removed and it disconnected from the pedal.

I have undone all the bolts/nuts on the pedal bracket but that won't shift either. I have tried to remove the part can't think of it name to the right of the servo to give me more room but it seems to have 2 bolts one which I have removed from the engine bay but it looks like the other is from inside but cant locate that either.

Yeah the clutch master cylinder gets in the way, forgot I had that removed. I'm sure both nuts for that, along with the clip holding connecting it to the clutch pedal, are inside the car. The servo will come out with that removed.

Got it out now. Had missed one of the mc bolts. Its amazing how much easier things are when your calm. Lol

I had a right headache getting mine back in. Bearing in mind I had everything painted up and trying not to scratch the servo or the suspension turret. Sweat was lashing off me lol.