Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

replacement heater fan wont fit.

hi,

i bought a replacement heater fan from ebay. it was from a vr6 corrado but its totaly different to the one i just spent 30 mins getting out of my car. its alot smaller and the connections are all different.

my car has aircon...could this mean the fan is different to non air con vr6's??

cheers

yeah i think someone mentioned that the heater fan IS different in the A/C equipped cars................perhaps might be an idea to post a pic of the existing one to see if any of the Vee-dub gurus on here can identify it.......or of course post the part number :wink:

good thinking batman....apart from i spent another 30mins just putting it back together :mad: :mad:

not gonna start stripping it apart again now! i should have written it all down when it was apart. oh well, i'll keep my eyes peeled on ebay for an aircon version.

anyone want a heater fan then??

good thinking batman....apart from i spent another 30mins just putting it back together :mad: :mad:

not gonna start stripping it apart again now! i should have written it all down when it was apart. oh well, i'll keep my eyes peeled on ebay for an aircon version.

anyone want a heater fan then??

LOL.....thats ok Boy wonder :p :-P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bat Man and Boy Wonder? What's going on between you two? I don't want to see two guys in Spandex getting it on on here please :wink:

How much did you pay for the heater fan BTW as they're about £45 new.

well i got the fan, abs pump and heater dial surround for £65 from a guy breaking his corrado.

£45 from vw??

there a right pig to get in and out!!!! dont want to get the wrong one again so i think getting it from vw would be best

well i got the fan, abs pump and heater dial surround for £65 from a guy breaking his corrado.

£45 from vw??

there a right pig to get in and out!!!! dont want to get the wrong one again so i think getting it from vw would be best

£45 from GSF, which is a genuine Valeo one but I don't know what fans the Aircon car use tbh. Yeah they can be a pain to remove, it's the retaining tab round the back that stumps most people. Once that's lifted up, it just twists out in seconds.

£65 for all that is a good price, especially as the ABS pump is included!

Bat Man and Boy Wonder? What's going on between you two? I don't want to see two guys in Spandex getting it on on here please :wink:

now now Kev.......you've met me.......can u honestly imagine me in spandex............if you can then you are one sick sick puppy :-P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously was just giving young jedi some banter.....didn't mean any offence by it

£45 from vw??

£45 from GSF, which is a genuine Valeo one but I don't know what fans the Aircon car use tbh. Yeah they can be a pain to remove, it's the retaining tab round the back that stumps most people. Once that's lifted up, it just twists out in seconds.

£65 for all that is a good price, especially as the ABS pump is included!

well its the valeo one i have sitting on my work top and thats the one that doesnt fit. i think it must be due to the aircon.

i'll ring gsf and ecp tomorrow and enquire.

oh and you've never heard the phase...'good work batman'???? seriously....i think you need to confess something though .....soandex on the brain eh kev? :roll: :wink:

Aircon ones are totally different and are non VAG part numbered. I think you need to speak to a Diavia dealer to sort this. :)

ah, that explains it. i think it was a bosch unit if i remember correctly...i really didnt take any note of it though (dumb ass that i am)

Diavia...they the aircon ppl then?

Yep, Diavia are the manufacturer of the AC unit. The fan is usually made by SPAL. A Diavia dealer should be able to help. Please can you post how you get on to help others?

oh and you've never heard the phase...'good work batman'???? seriously....i think you need to confess something though .....soandex on the brain eh kev? :roll: :wink:

He he, I have indeed heard that phrase, I was just messin about!

Hi Mate, did you have any look finding the SPAL fan?..

I'm after the same thing the only difference is i dont have the original Fan to get the P/N off!

Do you know the P/N is or where to get one?

I dont suppose you have the P/N do you?.. i'll have a search around today and let you know what i find.

its all installed back in my car and it was a real pig of a job to get it out.... if and when i do it again in the future i'll post the P/N up for you.

sorry i cant help any more than that

if you find anything else out though let me know.

cheers

(i presume your after the aircon version??)